Utility Easements

A Partial Release of Easement is when CLWSC returns an existing platted utility easement to the property owner when CLWSC does not require the use of the easement. In order to obtain a Partial Release of Easement you must submit the following:


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a refund on the processing fee if I do not get the release of an easement?

No, the processing fee is for the research necessary to determine if CLWSC can release the easement.

What is the Partial Release of Easement process?
  1. The request is sent to our Customer Service Team who creates a work order for an on-site review of the easement and where our pipelines are located in relation to the property.

  2. The work order results are reviewed by our Contracts Administrator, if the easement may be released a Partial Release of Easement document will be created and record with the Comal County Clerk.

  3. A definite time period cannot be quoted, however, it usually can be completed within two weeks.

When can’t the release of easement be granted?

There are a number of reasons why the release of an easement cannot be granted. Among them are the following:

  • An active waterline is within the easement in question.
  • The easement is set for a future line extension.